
As most of you know, Matthew was blessed in church last Sunday. It was a wonderful day we were able to spend with many members of our family. Matthew’s outfit was made by my mom and patterned after the one Uncle Mikey wore to his blessing. John said it looked he looked like he was ready to go out on the disco floor (because it was polyester with a satin vest & tie), but Matthew looked darling. After the blessing we took pictures (of course) and then had a lunch. A special thanks to my mom & dad for providing the lunch and for all the hard work putting it together and cleaning up (thanks Grandma Jeppson too for all your help). We spent most of Sunday just visiting with each other; it was the perfect day.
This past week, as I have had the chance to reflect on Matthew’s special day; I am reminded of what a blessing he is to John & I. It took a while for this little blessing to come into our lives, and after almost three years – it was indescribable joy to be able to hold my own baby. During those three years, I almost forgot how hard it was to be a parent and I thought that my heart might not be able to fully heal. But as we spend countless nights with little or no sleep and have countless moments of worry, there are many tiny blessings the Lord grants us with this little one. The little smiles and coos are wonderful, but so are the times when our prayers are answered for Matthew to be alleviated of pain or for the strength to get through one more day. When it comes to expressing my thoughts, words sometimes fail me; but I want our family to know that we know the Lord is mindful of us and blesses us immensely. His timing or solution may not always be when or what we would like it to, but He is there and will help us through each trial and each day.
We are grateful for our many many blessing the Lord has given to us, most of which come through you – our family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment