It has been over a month since I have written. For Christmas we went to be with Becky and John and the boys. It was so fun. This was their first Christmas that they had in their own home. I has so appreciated their willingness to travel for most of their Christmas's to our home. They live in Crystal Lake, Il. For Christmas Eve, the missionaries in their area put on a short program at the Church. It was such a fun thing, to go and feel of the Spirit on Christmas Eve and hear the story of the Savior's birth read from Luke and song sung to bring a new, different tradition. John has to travel each day into Chicago to work. It is a long (time wise) each day. It made me appreciate the country life, with less traffic. I find myself more anxious in traffic than I use to. We went into Chicago to the museum. It was also a very crowded experience, but fun to be together. We were able to help Becky pick out some fabric and re-do a valance that she has wanted to do for over a year. Becky is amazing at finding deals at yard and estate sales. She has made a lot of extra spending money, finding and searching and then reselling items.
Mike moved his family across country from Georgia back to Burley. He has been looking for a job since his graduation last year. He earned his masters in International studies/political science and the entry job market is hard to get. This experience has taught me patients on the Lord's timing. Our family has had many fast/prayer on their behalf and his job search still continues. He and Ali feel good about the move. He is concentrating his search in the Idaho area (Boise/Twin Falls). I hope an opportunity opens up soon. His good friend James Harrell flew out, and drove back with Mike in the moving truck. It was such a worry, with it being winter weather and all. I feel very blessed on the Lord's blessing of protection on them.
Jen and Stevie are in their new home. Stevie too, continues to work hard to make his new job in counseling work. It is hard to feel the pressure of providing for a family. There is not a lot of control over if his patients show up, or not. He is good at what he does. He was in a car accident during a winter storm and rolled the car. It was totaled, but he was not injured at all. Again, another blessing of protection from the Lord. It has made me think of all the every day things that we do, that the Lord is watching over us, and we (I) don't know or think about and daily appreciate.
Alex has had a break from school the past few weeks. Kim continues to work at Cooper/Norman Accounting. She has been given a great ability to work hard and succeed.
2015 has come to an end. I am labeling it a year of change. Terry and I have experienced change at work with new computer systems, employees, and work rolls. Church has brought new church jobs for me and countless blessing for Terry as Bishop.
We have added one new granddaughter to the family. Our parents have undergone some health challenges. Our children have had changes with moves, jobs, no jobs and growing families. Two have moved across country, in safety. We just got back from a trip visiting Becky and family. I marvel at the many miles of travel John has each day and the protection we all have had. Another son in law rolled his car in a snow storm and walked away without any injuries.
We have lost some good friends to death this year, but the comfort of knowing God's plan makes the lost more bearable for me and for the families left behind.
In reflection, I feel very blessed by a loving Heavenly Father and Savior that show their constant love for all and by the personal strength I receive through them and the Savior's atonement.
I have a tendency to get a little tunnel vision, and stress and get discouraged. Looking back today, I realize that is has been a good year and there is joy to be found. I want to be able to concentrate more on this feeling of JOY, even in the day to day events that bring us stress.
Happy New Year! 2016, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment